Back To Bargaining: 08.14.07
Taking A Break For The Contract
We are set to return to the bargaining table with the company Wednesday August 15, 2007 for what we hope will be the resumption of serious and constructive bargaining. We remain committed to delivering a quality contract — and to underline that commitment, your colleagues across the country took a walk on Tuesday.
Reporters and editors from both The Journal and Dow Jones Newswires walked away from their desks and left behind virtually empty newsrooms in New York, Harborside, Boston, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles and Dallas to talk about how to get our message to the new ownership that its "investment" in Dow Jones must include a quality contract for IAPE members.
In New York, a large crew gathered outside the conference room where managers were conducting the morning story meeting, then walked out together en masse to a park across the street. Once there, members signed an oversized congratulations card addressed to Rupert Murdoch telling him it's time to invest in a quality contract.
In the most recent addition to the IAPE rolls, the newly-organized newsroom in Jersey City, participation was gratifyingly strong.
We need you to add your demonstration of support. New IAPE flyers have been posted, ready to be printed and posted or added to your PC as a screensaver or wallpaper (step-by-step instructions and links below.)
Join your colleagues standing up for a quality contract — and a new investment in Dow Jones.
As always, we want to hear your thoughts or suggestions.
Bargaining Committee Chair
IAPE CWA 1096
IAPE Wallpaper. This is your job, your money, your benefits— and now it's your message on your desktop.
Instructions for downloading and installing IAPE wallpaper on a PC:
1. Click on link (below).
2. Allow webpage to open (you should see a close-to-full-screen image).
3. Right-click (use your mouse's right button) the image itself; a small
window should open below your cursor.
4. Click (with your left button) "Set As Background."
5. Enjoy! And remind your colleagues to download their IAPE wallpaper
IAPE Wallpaper Fair Contract Now
IAPE Wallpaper Quality People Quality Contract
IAPE Wallpaper iape
PC Instructions for creating a "Screen Saver."
1. Save your desired images (IAPE wallpaper, family photos, etc.) into a new folder, and remember the name and location of that folder.
2. Open your Control Panel.
3. Double-click the "Display" icon.
4. Click the "Screen Saver" tab.
5. Click the pull-down arrow in the screen saver box; select the "My Pictures Slideshow" option.
6. Click "Settings"
7. When the "Settings" window opens, click "Browse" and find the folder you created in Step 1.
8. Click "OK"
9. The "Display Properties" window will appear again, click "Apply", then "OK."